Friday, November 30, 2012

Upcycling & Revamp!

Upcycling

I love being eco-friendly and earth-conscious (when I can). I'm not a diehard eco-friendly type of girl, but I'll do what I can when I can. As I was going through my bags of crafting supplies in my closet last night, I found quite a few pairs of cotton dress socks along with some silk orchid flowers from an old floral arrangement gift. Since my store's clothing accessories focus on stylish winter wear, I decided to make gloves out of the socks! Some of the sock colors are perfect because they compliment some of the scarves that I have already made and posted on my Etsy shop. Here's a picture of the upcycled gloves and the colors I found:


For those of you who don't know what upcycling is, here's a diagram detailing what upcycling is all about (Since the picture is small, click on the picture to go to the source for a bigger view):


Revamp

I am planning to change the way I list my pieces on my Etsy shop. I'm currently listing my pieces by color variation only and having people check out the sizes manually. Instead, I'm planning to make each piece it's own separate listing because of the size difference. I hope this helps people see all the different colors, sizes, and stitching patterns of my pieces. 

Thanks for following, staying tuned, and supporting!

- Nicole :]

No comments:

Post a Comment