Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend & New Pieces!

My family's Thanksgiving celebration went well. I got a chance to visit my grandparents at the retirement home and transitional care unit around their lunch time, and I got a chance to hang out with my cousins for dinner time. (Yay!) It was a nice, simple potluck-style dinner. Too bad one of my uncles couldn't make it though.

Aside from lots of family time, I was also motivated to craft as much as I can. Since I am new to the whole "business" and "Etsy" world, I think I am going to go through the extent of my craft knowledge to create a variety of products, and from there, see which one(s) sell best and get rid of the things that do not sell. Unfortunately, this idea didn't strike me until I talked to one of my cousins at Thanksgiving dinner. I had already made quite a few more scarves by then. I started out my Etsy shop with knitted scarves, since I love knitting and since I have leftover skeins of yarn from other past projects, but now, I think it might be time for me to explore and go back to other crafty projects that I'm interested in.

Here are the scarves that I worked on since my last blog post (click on each picture you're interested in to head over to my Etsy shop):

The Cotton Collection is a collection I dedicate to my younger brother and others with sensitive skin.  My brother is allergic to all other fabric materials, except for cotton. 





Aside from getting crafty and working on more scarves, I also worked on some hair tie/brooches. Each of these camellia flowers are made with felt and can be used as a hair tie or as a brooch. A hair tie band and a pin is provided at the back of each camellia flower. The felt I used to make the flowers are leftover from some of my other craft projects. Click on each picture to go to my shop.



Before I go, I just wanted to say "hello" and thanks for the support to my two followers! (Two strong!) 

- Nicole :]




No comments:

Post a Comment